Avery and Bennett are 2 1/2 years old and though I can never hope to capture how crazy, funny and uniquely (to me) wonderful they are – here’s another attempt to capture things of the moment. The pictures above are taken on a day where I could not for the life of me get them out of the house and to the park in a reasonable amount of time. Decided to turn the moment into a photo shoot in front of our garage, my favorite backdrop of late.
Favorite outings in regular rotation:
Children’s Library, Junior Museum and Zoo, Curiodyssey, Children’s Discovery Museum, any park, Costco, Safeway (for bagels and smoothies)
- Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy by David Soman
- Chopsticks by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- Mannie and the Long Brave Day by Martine Murray
- Muffin Man (Justin Man to Bennett since Uncle Justin was the one who first introduced him to the song)
- Morningtown Ride
- All About that Bass
- Shake it Off
- Avery is no longer Savory Avery, she definitely prefers sweets now and will inhale watermelon, strawberries, etc. at a startling pace.
- There is quite a bit of competition between the two, the latest of which is who can flush the toilet. So for instance when Bennett is on the toilet, I have to guard the toilet handle or else deal with a very upset toddler.
- Collecting treasures is a big thing for both of them, but especially for Bennett.
- Bennett’s dance/skip kills me every time.
- Avery loves anything pink and Hello Kitty though I tried early on to avoid both to no avail.
- They are lucky to have many auntie’s and uncle’s in their life. Uncle Yadim and Auntie Soozoo are loved, Auntie Kimberli puts a smile on Bennett’s face every Sunday and they are almost able to tell the Hu brothers apart.
- Basil has taught them to sing the lyrics to Ms New Booty by Bubba Sparxxx
- “Bennett, why are you dragging your baby around by the foot, look how dusty his face is getting!” Bennett smiles and says, “Baby is a vacuum!”
- Laura asks Avery to have me send her a picture of Avery’s Halloween costume. Avery responds, “Later, ok?”
- Bennett’s costume request for Halloween was to be a white Dog Cat. We figured he’d eventually forget this difficult request but the first thing he asks after getting over the excitement of seeing his white dog costume is, “Where’s the cat?”